Looking for affordable housing? Brand new infill homes are available in established inner-city neighbourhoods.
Initially HOP Homes were generally found in the West End of Winnipeg in the “Spence Neighbourhood” and “Daniel Mac/St Matthews” neighbourhoods (borders east of Arlington Street, west of Balmoral Street, south of Notre Dame Avenue and north of Portage Avenue).
Current homes are located in the William Whyte neighbourhood. For a list of available homes click here.
You can own a brand new home with new four appliances. Meet the qualifications below and a 5% downpayment assistance plus $1500 towards closing costs are included! Sound too good to be true? The HOP Program may be for you!
Qualifications / conditions are as follows:
- Combined family income cannot exceed $75,592 / year.
- Homes must be owner occupied and cannot be rented.
- You must be able to qualify for a mortgage to purchase the property. After visiting your financial institution, please send your pre-approval financing letter to email@example.com or fax: 204-772-2626 (please ensure that your name and contact phone number(s) are included with the letter).
- At this point you will be added to our waiting list. Homes are offered to prospective buyers on our waiting list in the order that their mortgage pre-approval letters were received. Please note that being added to our waiting list neither obligates you to buy nor guarantees you a home through this program.
- 5% downpayment plus $1500 towards closing costs ($14000 Maximum) – if you have not owned a home in the last 5 years, you may qualify for a 5% downpayment plus $1500 towards closing costs to purchase a HOP home.
- A forgivable second mortgage (over 10 years) will be placed against the property. There is no mortgage payment required on this second mortgage as long as you live in the home (*inquire for details).
- Sale prices are between $199,900 – $206,900 for houses (except for special circumstances or program changes).
- Applications and offers to purchase will be facilitated through Frank Zappia “Zappia Group Realty” for your convenience.
*Please note that some restrictions and exceptions apply to the above-noted criteria.
If you have any questions or concerns that are not addressed here, please contact us by either phone, fax or email.
Phone: (204) 772 – 2100
Fax: (204) 772 – 2626